Sunday, August 15, 2010

challah bread + my awesome hubby = amazing french toast!

So I have been baking up an artisan bread storm since my last post - it's so much fun! Last night I mixed up a batch of challah bread dough from the same book and used about a third of it to make a gorgeous-looking loaf that Alan promised to make into french toast this morning. It was awesome, but don't be fooled by the picture - I only ate 2 of those pieces! Alan's trick with french toast is to pour the egg/milk/cinnamon mixture into a cookie sheet (with a lip) and let the pieces sit for a little bit on each side so that they soak it up a little more than if you just dipped the pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yea...I am jelous!! We just had cold cereal because we are busy working in the garage!! (and by the way...I probably would have eaten all four;)

    ReplyDelete